View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Chris Stufflestreet

Chris Stufflestreet.

I live in Jacksonville, FL but was born and raised in a tiny town in Upstate NY.

I've been a collector since age 5 (1978), beginning with Star Wars cards and moving to baseball cards the next year. Still remember to this day pulling a Thurman Munson card from a wax pack about 2 days after his plane crashed (and still own that very card). I am an "armpit" collector, as it fits in quite nicely with my budget.

I am a veteran of the U.S. Army (served during the Gulf War). I was a satellite technician for Uncle Sam, which became an entry into my current method of paying my bills: I'm a communications technician for Comcast. Although that really looks like a fancy way of saying I'm a "cable guy" I also work on all of Comcast's other products (telephone, internet, even business services).

I hold a bachelor's degree from the State U. of New York in communication and have slowly been working on a master's degree in leadership for the past two years.

I have also designed two websites from the ground up. One lists every hit single (45 RPM) and Top 40 LP from the 1970s -- my other illness -- and the other is a list of vintage baseball card sets (link below). I have written a (now out-of-print) booklet on the history of our hobby as well as several magazine articles and have threatened to write more when I feel the world is unaware of what I'm about to unleash...

Most of all, I have been married to my wife for 13 years and am the proud father of a little girl named Melissa who will turn 11 next Friday. She just finished having a blast at the National, where she was proud to annoy her (Yankee fan) Dad by insisting on wearing her Red Sox jersey.