View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

You can help animals in your local area. And/or people too. That's not a snide remark, but a recommendation. There are strays and shelters in all localities, and being nice to a strange dog or providing water and food for local birds in winter is all a good thing. Adopt a new pet and give it an enjoyable life. Be helpful to others is also a good start. Be nice to your pet, take it for a walk today. Get your dog or cat spayed or neutered. Built a bird's nest that will protect it from cats. Have a conversation with a homeless person on the street, treat him or her as a normal person. People begging for money have told me they appreciate a conversation more than money. If you want to do charity more formal, that's great. Sign up to volunteer once a week. If you wish to donate money for a Russian dog shelter, that's great. If you prefer your charity go to downtrodden humans instead of dogs that's great as long as you do it. As my dad would say "It's not an either/or situation, it's a both/and."

Interestingly, Putin is a well known dog fan and is famous/notorious for bringing his black lab with him to meetings, including with international leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel below.

The photos aren't an endorsement, just something about Putin I already knew. I read a lot.

Last edited by drcy; 02-09-2014 at 10:47 AM.