View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Steven

Default Why do you collect baseball cards?

I typed this into the search and no results were found. I just want to read how others feel about this. Do baseball cards rekindle memories, remind you of freinds/family, to make money, feel young or all of the above?

Recently my wife and I bought (2) e107s...the plan was to actually invest in these cards as the economy is crap...I have NEVER invested in a card and Ive collected for 27 years. But, we decided to do this. When they came in the mail I gave her the box to open and she sat in "the chair" and opened them very delicately. When the first card came out I saw her excitement and got a bit giggly myself. I watched her eyes get big with a big "Wow" come from her mouth followed with "That sure looks nicer than a 1" (You gotta love her!)..and felt like i was 7 yrs old again buying my first 35 cent wax pack.

The cool thing about cards is I also had the same feeling when I purchased my first kaline, clemens or gehrig cards...they make me feel like a kid again and I still have yet to find something else that has that effect. I carry my new cards around w/ me, they get new "neighborhoods" and places and eventually they find their permanent home. They tie me to my childhood, history of the game and our country and has always been a way for me to bond with my father and now father-in-law.

That is why I collect baseball cards. Id like to hear about your reasons or you can call me a sissy boy and move on with life all the same.

Last edited by rainier2004; 10-14-2011 at 01:40 PM.