View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 07:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
I am guilty of above but usually on modern stuff

One of mine as a seller is when I have a PSA card priced low, say $17.95, and a person offers 14, {which is a reasonable offer} I check VCP and it's 22, or at least above my asking price; I check recent ebay sales and they are higher too, I check other live listings and are 30% higher or more above my asking price. I counter back at 16 or 17, and they decline or worse yet no response and it expires.

I just don't understand; if a person makes an offer I would think that means they are interested in my item. But I am one paying fee's including listing, final value, paypal, & grading. So why do I always have give up the few bucks. It's not a big deal, but definitely a pet peeve. I am a collector too, so I really don't understand why the couple of bucks matter, especially if I have been searching for a particular card in a particular grade for any amount of time.

I am appreciative of any offer and that's why I always respond, it's just some times the answer is no.
if its not a big deal and its only over of bucks, why not just sell the card...spending time looking at all the vcp and other listings to see you could get 2 dollars more seems to suggest that it is a big deal to you and a couple of bucks matter, thus you cant say its not a big deal to the buyer for a couple of bucks when it does matter to you..

my peeve is when i see 'priced to sell' but a card doesnt sell for weeks and weeks and when you ask for a lesser price the seller is upset because its 'priced to sell'...i think they should add a time frame, like 'priced to sell in a few years' etc.'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-14-2017 at 07:29 PM.