View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
It is worse for buyers. The only way to pay is with a credit card. You can't use your PayPal balance or pay with your bank account. As a seller I still have not received money in my bank account from Sunday night's sales. They said one buyer paid with AMEX and eBay is holding my payment for a few days until it clears. It is ridiculous. I had a buyer cancel on me too because they couldn't use PayPal. If eBay was so proud of their Managed Payments they would publicize it. The only way to know a seller is using Managed Payment is that the small PayPal icon is missing under the payment options in the listing.
I agree, the biggest problem is for the buyers who, for whatever reason, are only comfortable using paypal and if that is not an option for them could result in a lost sale. For me that is the downside as a seller. As a buyer also, I could care less if I pay via PP or ebay, as long as the coupons and rewards are available.

As a buyer, my buying account offered me the option to enter my CC info and pay via ebay (instead of PP) and that info would be on file for future purchases(as it is with Amazon, etc). Personally not clear as to why all buyers don't use CC for the rewards on purchases...1%+ back is a compelling enough reason to use a CC versus my PP balance or bank account.

Ebay has promoted this change to buyers, as mentioned, my buying account is already set up for this program. As a seller, I have received multiple messages over the past week promoting the benefits. And a first, I received something via the mail, yes from USPS, from ebay promoting this new program.

Based on the described benefits of the program, in the long run, it will be a beneficial program and save me almost 40% on my what I paid to PP for same service. However, until more buyers are comfortable with this program, my only concern at this point is lost sales in the short term. Once larger sellers are on board with the program, more buyers will join and I will feel less likely to lose on sales. Many of the larger sellers(advertisers on this board) still offer PP as an option....once this changes, I will likely follow.