View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcemporium View Post
How about I just focus on your contributions in this thread:

1. You attack the credibility of Greg (whom I have never met or communicated with) in post #20 over a screw-down holder. I can tell you that I have personally taken thousands of vintage cards out of screw-down holders and never had a card get damaged or rejected by a TPG. Is it possible? I'm sure it is, but you're really going to attack the credibility of someone for estimating the grade of a card in a screw-down holder?

2. You attack Greg for labeling his own product. Concerning? yes, but where is your outrage over Baseball Card Exchange for authenticating their own product? They are the largest dealer of unopened material in our hobby and doing the exact same thing.

3. You really seem unable to differentiate the concept of technical grade and eye appeal. Nobody is claiming that this company is stickering cards that a TPG undergraded. The TPG got it right with the technical grade. However, there are a lot of cards that have an eye appeal that is superior to the assigned technical grade. This is the service that Greg is trying to provide.

Will I ever use this service? Absolutely not, as I have sufficient experience to detect these cards on my own. But I've dealt with a lot of people in this hobby, and I can tell you that a good percentage of this hobby does not have this skill set.

Let this guy Greg pursue his idea - if it is a needed service in our hobby, it will do okay, if not, it will fail. I just don't get why people feel the need to attack him and humiliate him.

This is why this thread has served as a good reminder why I rarely participate on Net54.
But awesome threads like this one keep some of us on here. Happy collecting and please make more great posts like this one.