Thread: S74 silks
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVader View Post
I love silk. Put it with a baseball card I go bonkers! Family has 2-3 sets wish PSA did them is it only SGC that handles these?

Go Gators

CV
Vader,

I believe Beckett still grades them as well, and I know GAI did also (when they were still around). I often figure that one of the biggest reasons the silks don't get more appreciation (and value) is because PSA won't grade them. And also because a lot of "card" collectors don't consider them as actual cards.

Still they share the same/similar images as are shown on T-205 cards and the end panels on T-202 cards, as well as the Piedmont Art Stamps. For someone looking for a period Cobb card, I think a nice silk of him is definitely a great value compared to what you'd have to pay for any of those other cards the same image appears on.

You mentioned your family has 2 - 3 sets??? Are you talking about sets of the silks???? If so, I'd love to hear more about what you actually have. Are you talking about white version silks with the advertising backs still attached or without the attachments, or the colored version silks? Tell me more. You can even PM if you like. Thanks.