View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Was just bringing it up hypothetically. The Wilson is probably the most I’ve ever spent on a raw card, because it looked great. I did agree based on the auction pics, and still a bit baffled by the grade. That doesn’t mean that probstein couldn’t theoretically stand behind the grade they assigned. Ya know, the fact that the overwhelming majority of their cards are graded and this one wasn’t almost makes me suspicious that they saw something that I didn’t and still can’t see. Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
You thought it was a 6 so you obviously agreed with Probstein. And you paid a full 6 price. While I loathe Probstein, you expect him to guarantee what SGC will subjectively grade his cards?

Edited to add: if you were willing to pay a 6 price for a raw card, why not just buy an SGC 6? Wouldn't have cost you a penny more, you could have saved grading and postage fees and all that anxiety of waiting for your cards to be returned. Why take a chance of paying for the cost of a 6 when you believed the card was only destined for a 6 at best?