View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Cards of Sudanese Players

Posted By: warshawlaw

It is illegal to assault someone or kill them or whatever. Doing so out of racial or other animus is an enhancement to the penalties. You can hate whoever you want, you just can't kick their asses because of it.

Gil: I used to hate lots of people: Palestinians, white supremacists, my opposing counsels in hard-fought cases. Then I figured it out. Hating someone, even your sworn enemy, coarsens, degrades and lowers you to the level of an animal. Hatred leads to irrational personal decisions and bad choices in public policy. It inevitably destroys justice and morality leaving in its place only an ever-escalating chain of violence. It dehumanizes the subject of the hatred, ultimately justifying the most heinous, barbarous acts against them. If I hate you, I cannot engage in any kind of dialogue with you under any circumstances because I have already defined you as anathema to my existence. Instead, I must do anything possible to destroy you. If the Allies hated the Axis countries, they would have had no choice other than to wipe them from the face of the earth, not seek their surrender and re-emergence into the community of nations. How does hating them help? And if they hate us and we hate them, how can we ever expect to reach any kind of end to the violence, other than by annihilating them and everyone who sympathizes with them? No, your path leads nowhere good.