View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default So..besides the lucky ebay auction winner...anybody else bid?

Posted By: Dave

I actually quoted the seller a price of $4,000-$7,000 for removal.I have a lot of experience with historical preservation and conservation. That price doesn't guarantee that any of the cards will be in sellable or gradeable condition either. After finding several dozen pieces just like this one over the years , my brother and I have found that it rarely pays to try and remove the cards when they are double or triple glued which is what this piece showed evidence of. Not too mention it appeared as though one type of adhesive that was used was organic in nature while the other type used probably wasn't. I'm in the process of removing over 40 cards from an scrapbook I bought over a week ago, and about 25% of the cards have been lost, including a T212 Weaver, and a T205 Mathewson.
i was surprised that the price went that high for the item, the seller thought he was going to make high 5 figures off of the sale, and was basing his valuation soley on the fact that there was a Ty Cobb card pasted to the board. Anyway, I hope the piece yields enjoyment for the buyer. Watch for a back damaged Ty Cobb Grren portrait to show up on Ebay in a few weeks if it is salvaged...LOL!!