View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Message to ebay: It's been brought to my attention that ebay may have recently had a policy change, regarding reported autograph forgeries. Some members of the autograph EMR team have recently been unsuccessful in trying to take down bad items that they see and report. I personally spend a lot of money on ebay every year, as I'm sure you can see and so do thousands of other autograph and sports memorabilia collectors. I certainly hope there was not a change in policy here that is making you move in a backwards direction regarding taking down fraudulent listings. Many other collectors will catch on soon enough and begin to look elsewhere when making purchases if ebay doesn't provide the proper buyer protection. Ignoring all the bad forgeries to make more $ is unacceptable. If you're the host, you take on a certain level of responsibility to police the listings and do your best to make sure the buyers are protected. As they are the lifeblood of your site in the first place. I realize some will always slip through the cracks and it may be hard to check out everything. However, you guys need to do a better job in taking down reported items.

Many experienced collectors, like myself, report bad items all the time. I think the majority of the time I see nothing done about it either. I only make reports when I'm 100% certain an item is bad and anyone with a trained eye who reviews my reports would have to agree, as I only report the most obvious and blatant items! It's very discouraging to watch a reported item continue on and become a completed listing for some unknowing buyer. Likely they are inexperienced young buyers and they end up getting burned. It's a shortsighted move on behalf of ebay to let these items slip through and let these buyers get burned. Once they gain more knowledge in the hobby later on, they will realize they were ripped off and ebay may lose that customer for good. It's penny wise and pound foolish!

That's the message I just attempted to send to ebay. ( I used every last one of the 2000 characters in the message) . Only, I can't find how to email it to customer support. The only way I could find to write any message to ebay was on some survey after I responded that the search was unsuccessful for the topic I was trying to get help to. I'm sure I didn't send it to where I'd want to.

anyone know the customer support email? Or do you think it would be best to send a physical printed letter to their headquarters? Anyone know that address?

Last edited by yanksfan09; 03-17-2013 at 11:16 AM.