View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Default T206 "350-460" Question

Posted By: Matt

I agree that the "350-460" designation only appearing on Piedmont and Sweet Caps is good evidence that they were printed first on the run.

Also some good points I need to remember when thinking about this set - the set was always changing and wasn’t fully planned out at the beginning as today's modern sets are. How great would it be to “discover” any production notes or planning ideas stuck in an old notebook that went into how the set was created or how the players were chosen? I guess some of the proof cards that weren’t released tell us that some cuts were made. It would be great to know why and how many others there were.

I guess it will always be a mystery whether the 350-460 was used to signify that they wanted to release 460 different subjects when the Piedmont and Sweet Caps went into production and at that time it wasn’t known if it would happen, so just in case, they used a designation stating there would be somewhere in the range of "350-460" subjects. By the time the other “backs” went into production they were satisfied they would reach the 460 mark and there was no longer a need for the 350-460 designation.

This theory satisfies me for now. Anyone else have an idea?

edit: once again spelling