View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 01:24 PM
J@mes In.gram

If you're trying to defend Fred McGriff and Harold Baines, to the exclusion of players in this era who are truly worthy, conversation over. There's the problem of overlooking Mattingly, Munson, Schilling, Bonds, McGwire, et al, that seem stupid to a lot of people who might otherwise care. Finally, I couldn't care any less about the Pete Rose and Joe Jackson issues. There SEEMS to be some evidence making their gambling offenses appear lesser, and frankly, I couldn't care any less when Hal Chase and Heinie Zimmerman were openly, brazenly conspiring with gangsters and gamblers. I couldn't care any less about steroids, or spitballs, or any of that. I think Riggs Stephenson and Cecil Travis ought to be in. To deny them seems mean spirited. Why did it take so painfully long for Ron Santo and Gil Hodges to get in? Put these other guys in, correct these glaring wrongs in not just my but a whole lot of other people's opinion, and then you'll have a real, no $#it Hall Of Fame.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***