View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 12:57 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Oh, yeah, I know the Griffey, Ryan, Bonds, Thomas and Ripken are all available as parts of career retrospective sets. Probably Clemens as well.
I just stumbled upon this thread after having recently picked up a R & N China Co. 8.5" plate at a local garage sale. This plate has a large image of the 1958 Topps Bob Clemente card. It is still shrink-wrapped in its original packaging, and only the top of the plate shows. I found an identical plate currently for sale on eBay as a BIN, and the seller shows several pics of both sides of the plate - here's the link to it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29497211846...ampid%3APL_CLK

I know absolutely nothing about these R & N China plates, so I will appreciate any information anyone can provide about this Clemente plate, such as:
- What year was it produced?
- How many Clemente plates were produced?
- Were plates produced for any of the other 1958 Topps cards?
- Is this Clemente plate worth more than the few bucks I paid for it?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info,
Val
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.