View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 AM
JeR@Me

Default T210s (Series 8)

We have discussed this a few times in the past (Search Series 8 T210 / T211 and it should be buried on here somewhere) I have collected T210 and T211 for over 15 years. Specifically Series 8 Tennessee (Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville) have been a part of my passion among other Southern teams. I believe scarcity is there in pockets and we all can see it differently from outside factors like the time frame we actually collect them, and what specifically comes available to market. Also, if you buy some large groups it can make some cards appear easier than others. Based on my collecting experience of acquiring the Series 8 near set one by one over a decade while also assembling the T211 set 1 by 1 (I did buy some very small groups of cards), I contend that the T210 Series 8 Cards that you can't find a parallel to in the T211 set are the toughest due to them being released at a later date as indicated by the T211 "Series 1 of 75". I have noticed a recurring trend with the 39 cards in Series 8 which are not available in the T211 set. They simply don't come up as often as the other 75 cards do. It's easy to figure out what are the toughest 39 cards as well. Simply look at the T211 set, and see which Series 8 cards are not in it. Chattanooga is unquestionably the toughest team to assemble as well as large part of Memphis & Birmingham, but some of the other Southern Teams have a few players not in Series 1 T211, so they are equally as tough as the Chattanooga/Memphis/Birmingham players. There is a consensus among collectors of T211 there was going to be a 2nd series since the back of the card indicates "Series 1 of 75" on it. Joe Jackson isn't in T211, thus making his card much more difficult. (It's part of that 39 card group) Not sure how it all went down, and perhaps there were going to be even more T210-8 cards. Instead of 114, perhaps 150. Either way, 2 things I know from collecting these... 39 of the 114 are extremely rare. the remaining 75 are very scarce in my opinion which makes them reasonably tough as well, but good luck trying to assemble the whole Chatt, Memphis, B'Ham team. It took me 10-12 years, best I recall. I gave up the ghost on the T211 set after getting into the 60's as well, falling just short of the set. So much fun to collect, and I kept a few of my favorites... Will post a few - Hope this long winded posts makes sense. Apologies up front for the ramble. - Pic added for Andy - Happy Holidays everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-C-Demaree.jpg (59.8 KB, 929 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 12-05-2016 at 09:08 AM.