View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 10:17 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I could only insure for $500 to Italy via FedEx (same with other carriers I checked on)...have you been able to insure for more than that amount on an international package?
I have when using stamps.com (insurance purchased through them) and shipping via USPS. I forget what the USPS insurance tops out at (something less than $900 IIRC), but the stamps.com insurance appears to have an upper limit of $100k (at a cost of $1052.28 for that $100k), though I can't recall ever using it for anything more than $1000 or so. And I've never had a case where an expensive insured package was the one that actually went missing, so I can't speak to how hard it would be to collect on the stamps.com insurance in that case.

I have had a $50ish shipment to Italy go missing, and finally turn up back in my mailbox about 6 months later, long after I refunded the buyer. For whatever reason, Italy seems to be on a lot of folks no-no list. I've probably shipped a dozen or so packages there over the years with that being the lone issue, though I guess that percentage is still pretty awful.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 11-06-2014 at 10:21 PM.