View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Reg

Default Just got these

Hello everyone, I just picked up these after almost 9yrs of not collecting.. I haven't got to see them yet as I'm traveling, but they looked nice from the scans. The backs are pretty clean as well, Clarke has a little fading, and Rube has just a tiny bit of paper loss.
A little background on me, I've been lurking long before I even signed up, I was big into T206s in from 99 to 2002 even had 25% of the set all PSA graded and all 5 - 7's other than O'hara st. louis in a 3. I had all 4 Cobbs in 6 (wish I still had them..) anyway I ended up selling everything to buy a house and what a waist that was! Not sure if you know the Vegas market but I ended up losing 70% of the value of my house. When I sold it, it actually sold for less money than when it was originally built 10 years ago by almost 15k.
So I've just now started to get back into the T206s, but this time I'm doing it a little different, (for now) I'm only going to do the HOF's (minus 2 of course) and will be buying the card and not the #grade on the slab. I should be around a little more, thanks for listening to my little story. Happy collecting..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fred Clark (holding bat).jpg (79.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Rube Marquard (hands at sides).jpg (73.0 KB, 166 views)