View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone Know a Chet Woods?

Posted By: John

T206colletor (Paul),

“I have no qualms about selling PSA graded cards to their substantial fanbase without any of my own editorial comments or beliefs about the actual grade of the card. The reason PSA has such a loyal following is because their collectors are buying the holder and their place on the PSA Set Registry.”

Lemmings??? I personally don’t support one group over the other (PSA/SGC/GAI) in fact they could all go bankrupt tomorrow and it wouldn’t stop my collecting one bit. I do disagree with the above generalization that people who buy PSA cards are only playing the POP/Registry game. I buy PSA graded cards, in fact I buy all sorts of cards regardless of grading company, I even buy some ungraded (oh my god)!

A lot of people could call you a lemming too Paul, in fact you are one of the most hypocritical people I have ever read; I know we will never meet (you find that creepy).

Here are some examples.

·You rag on the set registry people from PSA all the time, yet you belong to both PSA (#41) and SGC (#6) set registries huh? Kind of like ragging on people at a country club in which your are a member.
·You refuse to buy any card of high grade and verbally stated multiple times that you believe many of those cards to be altered to achieve those higher grades. Yet you on multiple occasions you have shown/bragged about cards in which you have soaked cleaned etc (altered) to achieve higher grades, just not 6’s, 7’s, and 8’s.
·Even in the above statement you say that people buy the holder and the grade not the card. Once again on multiple occasions you have stated you are upgrading your set to a minimum grade of I believe SGC 40, sounds like someone’s collecting grades to me??

Hey listen, I’m sure you’re a good guy. We get it, you like SGC more than PSA, ok we get it! Surely it has to get tired up there on the SGC soapbox all the time, so unless your on the payroll from SGC. The whole SGC rules PSA sucks thing is even getting old for me at this point. And I don’t even do the graded card thing…

P.S. They all screw up sometimes...