View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: Joe_G.

I usually avoid the O/T posts, but this is too much to take.

First, I did see the SNL Barry Bonds skit, it cracked me up when Barry started complaining about the doctors and the need for them to start working on things that "really matter", like uncontrollable rage, back acne, etc. It was certainly one of the better skits.

On a more serious note, I feel like I'm in the minority after reading this thread. I'm surprised, apparently I'm the only one that doesn't want to cut Barry or the other juicers any slack, sorry. Taking illegal drugs to enhance performance, if & when proven, should result in suspension and be grounds for loss of HOF eligibility. The other forms of cheating discussed thus far seem clearly different to me. I don't see corrective surgery, be it eye, elbow, etc. even in the same ballpark. Other sports don't tolerate it and neither should baseball. I'm not saying other sports are clean, I know all struggle with it, but each should take a strong stand. Success in sports shouldn't require you loose ability to produce testosterone, pose risk to those around you (rage), or my favorite, suffer from back acne ; )

Steroids are illegal, pose a very serious risk to the user, and unless everyone decides to use them, gives you an unfair advantage. I don't care what slant you put on it, I will not be cheering for Barry or anyone I believe to be cheating the system.

Am I alone on this?

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski