View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: identify7

Following the 1994 baseball strike, which among other things, robbed fans of the World Series; baseball game attendence was way down, and worse - TV Ratings were too. And they stayed down until the unbelievable 1998 Sosa/McGwire season.

Now I will agree that a bigger ballplayer has an improved liklihood for hitting the long ball, to a point, but I think it takes way more than size to hit 60 or more homeruns in a season. Otherwise Kluszewski and others of his "natural" physique would be at the top of accomplishment in this area, rather than relative pipsqueaks like Aaron.

I therefore conclude that steriods alone is not the factor which resulted in McGwire and Sosa averaging over 60 HRS/yr for more than 3 consecutive years; and Bonds topping McGwire's record of 70.

It has to be something which baseball did, such as juicing the ball for several years, then retracting the juice. I do not believe that muscle mass alone can accomplish what has happened. I do believe that the best scam is the one that you pull off without anyone knowing they have been scammed - and that is what baseball is doing, imho.