View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: davidcycleback

Jay, many of your competition and other types of cheating in different types are worthwhile. While I am still and will be against players using steroids, I consider your points legitimate.

Do realize that one reason I am against steroids in baseball is not HR numbers and such, but because these drugs are dangerous and untested. If it is a practical requirement to take steroids in order to make a team because others are using steroids, this means nearly all minor leaguers and 16 and 17 year old hoping to play ball will be taking steroids. In my opinion, the day the requirment to play a sport is that a potential player has to be on dangerous drugs is the day I would consider it child abuse for a parent to let their kids play the sport. Even if you were to convince me that steroids are okay from a competition standpoint, I would still be against steroids in baseball.

Lastly, unlike eye and Tommy John surgery, taking, using and selling many of these steroids is against the law. Irrelevant to your or my ethical judgments, you would have to convince lawmakers to make these drugs legal before Major League Baseball or anyone could purposely allow them to be used by players. If today or tomorrow it was proven that Bud Selig set out to promote and allow steroids in baseball, he would face a felony conviction and MLB would be in deep ****.