View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Oklahoma vs. Boise

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

It is games like this that make College athletics so exciting to watch. I am not going to argue that Boise State is the best team in college football, because they probably aren't. However, it is games like these that really scream for there to be a playoff system in Div I Football. I have heard all the arguments for the other side, but ultimately I don't really buy it. There is so much parity in both college football and basketball now that teams like Boise State, Utah, BYU, Louisville (only recently joined ranks of Big East), etc. on any given day CAN beat the top teams in the major conferences. National Champions are not always the best team in the country--just remember when a Syracuse Basketball team that was ranked between #20-30 in the country won it all with Carmelo- Not many would say that was the best team that year but they won when they needed to. Whether they would win or not it would be fun to watch the Boise team play another game or two.
-Rhett

Edited to add: It hasn't even been a day and the detractors of the smaller conference are already talking about how if the Boise team played ANY other top 10 team they would lose--GET REAL!!! Boise State was a great team this year, give the guys the credit they deserve!!!