View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 cubs View Post
Yes it was me who won all the Cubs through Ebay last night and I learned a valuable lesson. Don't bid early and high. The real problem I have about this whole situation is the bid retractions. The guy (or gal) goes with the Ebay ID of: the coop. Apparently PWCC is turning him in to Ebay for the retractions but they are only going to give me the benefit of the shill bidding on one of the 12 auctions. Expensive lesson learned. Thanks COOP!
Always snipe.

Always bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay.

Never bid again.

There is no logical reason to bid early.

The later you bid, the less time anybody has to outbid you.

I would be curious to see the bid history on the ones with retractions, but I'm too lazy to find them on ebay searching finished auctions. If you "won" items with bids that were higher than another bidder, but that same bidder retracted bids that were higher than yours, I personally would refuse to pay for the items any amount that included the other guys bids. Meaning that your winning bid should go down to one bid increment above the third bidder involved, assuming there was one, and if the bidding only involved you and the retracting guy, then I would only pay the opening bid amount.

Of course, I've been thrown off of ebay multiple times, so maybe I'm just an asshole. Insert smiley face here.

Doug