View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Default Talking about escalating values - M101-4/5 backs

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

I think a Famous and Barr M101-5 set would still be manageable but as Todd says, it would take a while. When I started collecting M101, the F & Bs were really cheap and I accumulated 53 of them as I worked on getting every card in the set with whatever back I could find. I agree, they have been drying up recently.

All of us doing back type sets put the middle-to-scarcest backs in a slightly different order, usually depending on how long it took us to find one. Although Leon, Todd, and I have been working on this for a while, I don't think anybody really has enough info to be certain whether Everybody's or Holmes or Successful Farming or Green-Joyce or Mall Theater is the toughest, and by how much.

And sadly, a population survey like the one I did with T207 doesn't seem quite so feasible, because there are so few of these cards in circulation compared to the major tobacco sets. But Todd and I are getting going on a jointly authored article for Old Cardboard so we'll be asking for some type of info from all of you in the near future.

Tim

PS: I really hope the Noon Day Cafeteria back is an urban legend, because if it exists Leon will accumulate every copy within seconds of their discovery