View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Scott

To me, the trimming is also "In the eyes of the beholder". I have two, possibly three, cards in my type card mini collection that are trimmed. They r both REALLY nice eye appeal wise, and fill a hole at a much more reasonbable price. Both are graded "A" by SGC too, so resale wouldn't be impossible if need be.

For rare/expensive cards, its a MUST For many on low budgets too. Obviously, all things equal Id rather have non trimmed cards. But, I had a choice between an SGC 20 at best Cracker Jack w lots of stains and corner wear, or an "A" that cept for a small trim, looks Nr mt. I chose the nicer one, due to the eye appeal.

One thing I do agree w all on, MAJOR trimming is dumb. A dealer in CT had four strip cards, literally all trimmed borders gone, adn still wanted like VG prices for common strip cards.

Not as bad as the page of T-206's tho, that LITERALLY were ripped half. I didn't ask the price, or if he knew where the rest of the card(s) were, in fear of regurgitating the bowl of chili I had just had.