View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:10 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Jake,

I figure if someone is stupid enough to get into ANY type of vehicle when they know the driver is drunk then that's on them. I never said he shouldn't have been charged with a crime if he had lived. You can call it manslaughter, murder, or whatever - but think about it, those other two guys knew he was drunk. They played Russian Roulette and LOST. And no, I wouldn't let someone off the hook if they were driving drunk and caused the death of his passengers because his passengers knew he was drunk when they got in the vehicle. Geesh, chill out. Your assumptions are so off base.
i see you agree that the driver is responsible but 'that's on them' as also the responsibility on the passengers for being stupid and implying they are also responsible.

Depends on what you mean 'KNEW' he was drunk. If the guy tells you he had 2 beers but in a boat that means nothing compared to car. Did you kNOW? I know there can be counterarguments but the fact there can be arguments makes adding conditions silly.

Its starts to get complicated when we keep adding layers. Thats why the law is pretty simple. The driver/owner is responsible for the occupants. That way we arent worrried about who knew or should of known things. Nobody thought he would be driving 65 mph or whatever in a rock embankment like cmize said.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-17-2017 at 06:22 AM.