View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
and looked at the listing again -I had really only concentrated on what the seller called a signature. Few other things seem a bit strange to me in going back. The owner only made a few notes (apparently inside the front cover) and they were in no way connected to the plethora of sets he would have been interested in. No notes were made on the inside pages (at least not from the scans) what would presumably be a working copy. Unless he was in love with himself and where he was in his life - someone else wrote that name on the last page. Whether he owned it or not at any point I would suppose is still up in the air. Unless the good doctor can attest that he received it from Bray - or the handwriting can be closely identified with his known handwriting - each step beyond that increases "the leap of faith". I have no problem believing what he might say - as long as there's clarity as to exactly what the contention is......
Henry
I was actually going by that handwriting more than the possible signature on back but when I checked my exemplars that writing looked more like Barkers . I had coupled that with knowing Mr. Lowe and knowing he was friends with all of those guys back in the day. If it isn't a Bray copy, it's not that big of a deal to me. I always only go by what can be proven too.
At worst case I will have another copy of the 1946 ACC...... and to that I am quite clear.