View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Yep, notebook or Ledger book bleedthrough from years of being glued to low-rent scrapbooks or composition books.
That was my first thought, but the lines seem too perfect for bleed through from a notebook. But, it is the most logical conclusion.

Also, I did notice the Coupons that were sold last week. PWCC listed 113 graded Type 2's, and I was hoping that the large amount of cards that were being sold at one time would keep the prices down, but it turned out that most of them sold for ridiculously high prices. I placed bids on 24 cards, but I didn't come close to winning any of them. Cards that I thought would sell for $100 sold for $200, $250, and one of them sold for over $500.

The night after PWCC ended, another seller had 50 of the Type 2 auctions ending. These auctions were the complete opposite of the PWCC auctions, in that they sold for ridiculously low prices. I ended up winning 7 of them, and I actually felt a little guilty that I won these cards at such low prices. (Not guilty enough to offer more). These cards were low grade, with glue damage and paper loss, but still, most of them sold for half of what I expected.

There were many rare cards, mostly team designation variations, including some that I have never seen come up for sale before. I was lucky enough to win some of them in the raw card auctions.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.