View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>micah</b><p>"To answer Micah, I have never sold a forged Ripken ball in my life.As to the Ted Williams balls they came from B and J collectibles or Score Board. The reason I bought from these companies is that Greg Moreno could not forge Ted Williams' signature very well. You claim to have bought these items from me, show me the receipt. I very rarely sold to the public. I sold mostly to dealers who knew what they where getting. I issued receipts for all the items I sold. Show me the receipt that I issued to you for Ripken. "<br /><br />I absolutely purchased these items from you. I returned these items along with Tiger Woods golf balls from Stan's Sports as well as a Bulls team signed ball from them to the FBI. I dealt with a female agent in the Sand Diego office shortly after everything came down. Why would I have approached a man headed to prison for the refund? I did exactly what SCD instructed buyers to do. I have yet to receive a refund. Not only was I not refunded but I know of at least a half dozen other dealers who sent bad items back and received nothing. In defense of the FBI, I was told on the front end that I may not receive the iems back or a refund and that it would be part of evidence. <br /><br />"The court never asked me to pay back anyone I sold to. I did it anyway. Micah, if I sold you bogus items, why did you not attempt to obtain a refund from me?"<br />Give us some references. I and others would love to hear or see names of anyone who received a refund from you. <br /><br />"Micah if you said you came up to me and talked to me then please tell me your real name. You know who I am, yet I don't know who you are. Hiding behind a made up name on a forum makes it easy to do what you do. Let us all know who you really are and where you are located. I feel that if you can call me names and know my history, I deserve to know who you are."<br /><br />My real name is Micah. Leon has my full name and email. Not only did I come up to you at the National but there were others who witnessed it. I will contact them and ask permission to either use their names or have them post themselves regarding our conversation. You gave us a short version of events that made me, for the time, feel some empathy for you. You stated to me that you were caught up in this because you were tired of going to shows and competing against the guys selling forgeries. You regretted your actions, paid your time, etc. I have an issue with you claiming that you rarely dealt with the public. Were you not the same Shelly that would set up at the Frank and Sons warehouse show and others in the area from about 92 through 98? I was at these shows. At the National and through phone calls to Bill Flemming and to SCD I stated my beilief to you and others that you had no business being associated with autographs and you politely dissagreed. When Kevin Nelson's in depth, investigaive book was published which detailed many aspects of Operation Bullpen and your activities that the public was not aware of, I became aware that your version of events given to me by you at the National was at best sugar coated and bordered on out and out lies. While you looked me in the eye at the National and painted yourself as alomst a victim yourself, the book tells a different tale. Kevin Nelson reported that you actually auditioned these forgers. You called Marino to your home to see what he could do for you in terms of forgeries...you sought him out, not the other way. Is Kevin Nelson and the FBI signing off on this version wrong? That to me is much different than the version you have given to me and the readers of SCD. I believe Kevins account over your sugar coated version. The FBI had to sign off on every single fact that was printed before it could be published. I honestly believe that anyone who reads Kevins book and the facts will agree with me that you do not belong anywhere near the autograph business again. When you read the SCD article and your version of events and then read the book by Kevin Nelson, you are given completely different pictures. If anyone has the original interview or article from Krause, please read it, then go buy the book and compare.<br /><br />It amazes me that you would come on this forum and continue to defend yourself by stating you bought items from B and J and Scoreboard and that is why your buyers ended up with forgeries. You auditioned forgers for Gods sake! You willfully sought out Marino and employeed his services. This is not Scoreboards fault. This is not B and J's fault. It is yours and yours alone. It is sad to see that you are still trying to paint yourself as a victim by pointing to B and J and Scoreboard. I encourage everyone to buy Kevin Nelson book...it is a great read.