View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Wow!!!
Some great pics every one.

Craig,
That Gallo Mantle has to be one of the finest baseball photographs ever. Despite that, my favorite of the ones posted is the one of him in the air going to throw. Something really s hits me about that one.
Also something you said strikes me as odd. If these great photos aren't your favorites, which ones are?

Scott F,
I do love that Ruth with his wife photo. Great image.
If the Wagner is the second to last collectible to go, What is the last to go?
Fantastic Leo the Lip photo. That one really does capture the essence of the man.

Bob,
My eyes keep getting drawn to the Drysdale. What great composition, with the ball out of focus coming right at us.

Scott G,
I love love love the pics of Vandy with the kids.

I'm sure I missed some, but everyone posted some great stuff.

Thanks Mark, I like both of those also. The problem for me, and it has been since I joined net54, is that I still don't have a scanner. Therefore, I can only post scans of lots that I have won in auctions the last few years, which represents about 5% of my collection, while the remaining 95% collected over the past 30 years, remains unavailable to post.

Someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, although I've been saying that for the past 4 years, I'll get a scanner, find the time to use it and be able to share much more of my collection and show you some of my favorites -and you will be able to understand why they are.

Craig

Craig