View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Brian

We have cable TV, many video games, and the internet...with various ways to access all of them. That is baseball's competition, and card collecting's competition.

My kid spends his free time posting videos on YouTube, playing Xbox live with his friends(if you don't know what this is, it is a way to play video games with your friends while each is in their own house); and watching movies like Hall Pass on cable! He also plays travel baseball, but doesn't even watch baseball.

Back in the day, cards only had to compete with Andy Griffith, reading books, or playing board games.

If I were a 13 year old kid and was in my family room and choosing between reading a book, watching Andy Griffith, or collecting cards of my favorite sport...cards has a great shot of winning that battle.

If collecting and looking at cards is put up against seeing a great pair boobs on TV, or put up against getting to shoot people with scoped rifles on your TV while bantering with your friends on a headset....cards lose all the time.