Thread: Stadium Seats
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbaker85 View Post
I am in the process of restoring a Crosley Field seat. This seat is the older style that were taken to the fairgrounds after 1970 and painted gray. My question for the experts is what was the original color of these seats. My research has shown people tend to restore them two different ways. The more popular way seems to be a forest green color while some restore them to more of a lighter green more closer to a teal color. I am in the sanding process and I can see this light green color all throughout the wood so that is the direction I am leaning. Any information from you experts or Reds fans who were blessed with being able to see Crosley first hand is greatly appreciated not only for my restoration but also my knowledge of the field.
I also have one of the Crosley seats taken out in 1970 and painted gray. I'm assuming those were the original seats from day one of Crosley. I'm considering repainting it to it's original color but I'm not sure what color that would have been, red I assume. I'm curious if any original paint is beneath the gray. If I could get strip down to it's original patina, that would be great.