View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 08:34 AM
Jim Caravello

Thanks Al - also have a Bobby Murcer and Cleon Jones from that set.....these large white 3-1/2" pins are tougher to find these days for some reason.....Believe they are from 1971 if not mistaken?

Have had a chance to review most of this thread recently (great collections out here!) and someone along the way asked what the appeal was to collecting pins?.....For me (especially when it comes to PM10 Pins):

* They display extremely well......
* Chance to collect vintage HOFer and Star players at a fraction of the cost of cards from that same era.....
* From a former New Yorker, they were easy to find at shows growing up and the legend of those 40's, 50's, and even early 60's Yankees, Dodgers and Giants teams was huge back in the day....I mainly collect player pins from those three teams although I have a few HOFers and Stars not from NY....
* Readily available in the market in good condition for their age....even though some are much tougher than others....
* They take me back to a time when things were simple and easy....

I know the value is higher for those pins that have the pennants, ribbons, bats, gloves still attached, but for me, I like them "raw".......just the pin.....

I've thought about diving back into earlier pins (Pre-1940) as well as later pins (Mid 60's / 70's and on), but there is something very special about the 1-3/4" PM 10s from the 40's, 50's and early 60's.......just love them....

Last edited by JimmyC; 03-14-2023 at 09:20 AM.