View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Collecting is so personal!

Good thread!

In the past few years I came to the conclusion that it is the players I like more...
Buying rare commons is okay for some, certainly set collectors possessing the "completist gene" really go after the short prints with zeal...But I have changed my tune, and really only want the HOFers in (most) sets.

Of course, I have started a lot of sets over the years and I do like finishing them, but I am trying to resist starting any more...and its mostly because I don't want to pay premiums on high numbers or rare SP's anymore.

For example, my favorite set is T205.
I''m so glad I found a Wilhelm card a couple years ago that I could live with (its PSA2 soon to be crossed over) and have decided against starting a second set just because of that card
Damnyoukaiserwilhelm.com

I am enjoying getting my HOFer cards graded and scanned for the online SGC Registry, so I can look them over frequently (recent threads would indicate this is a common practice)...I won't be competing in the t206 Demmitt, O'Hara, T205 Wilhelm, T207 Donlin, Ward, Saier, Lowdermilk, E98 Coombs type collecting anymore...and I'll be so glad If I could somehow find those remaining dumb 61,63,66,67 topps high numbers I still need to fill out my topps run...

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.