View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default all good points

I haven't seen a poor point made yet, all good points. Not sure where to start but I guess with the costs. Dan's $700 is profit he would have to make before breaking even financially (forget about time served, that is actually a positive). If we figure 15%-20% profit then he would have to do around 3500-4000 in sales. I can only speak for myself but the last show at Oaks I did, I did a bit more than that. I also price my stuff fairly (I believe). If I get a great deal I try to make up for bad deals. At the end of the day, 15% profit is probably where I end up. I love going to shows and would also pay a bit more at a show,......say, maybe 15% or so. ......the dealers I usually see have their stuff priced the way others have already vented about. It's crazy. I probably am not going to pay a ton more....a little yes, a ton, no. I also agree with the advertising. If no one saw it then there are probably better ways to spend the money. Marco did advertise on this board (it was appreciated) and I am sure many have seen the ads. I don't have a silver bullet but I remain committed to doing the Oaks show and will try even harder to make the next one. I thoroughly enjoyed it the last times I did it. Also, with airfare and hotel my expenses are considerably more but that is the way it is when you live in a city with no good vintage shows. You either travel or you don't do them. Hanging out with lots of my friends is more than a collector could ask for, in itself. See you guys next time...

Last edited by Leon; 05-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.