View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 11:12 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Ron
I seldom (if ever) differ with you; however, my research places the St Louis variations of Demmitt and O'Hara in the 350/460 series print group. I note this in Post #134 in this thread.

Apparently, American Litho (ALC) started their first press run of the PB cards circa Summer of 1910. This 1st print run of PB backs was on approx. 136 subjects of the 350-only series.
Followed by the 2nd print run (circa Summer/Fall of 1910) of PB backs on the 66 subjects of the 350/460 Series. It's my contention, that ALC printed the Demmitt and O'Hara St Louis variations in this PB press run.

Check-out my concept of a 72-card sheet arrangement.

Consider the following...…
Joe Doyle & Bob Rhoades (POLAR BEAR No-Prints) retired prior to this POLAR BEAR press run. So, those 2 guys are removed and replaced by Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations.

I arrived at this theory by comparing Pop Report data of Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations with subjects in the 350 series vs the 350/460 series. The population numbers
overwhelmingly suggest that the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations fit in with the 350/460 print group numbers.

* Note I have shown the 6 super-prints Double-Printed on this arrangement because several large surveys have indicated as such.

TED Z
Hi Ted, I totally agree putting Demmitt STL and O'Hara STL in the 350/460 group. Looking at your Sovereign Apple Sheet, the first thing that jumped out at me was the group of Sweet Caporal "No Prints". Going by my list and your "Group A and B" lists, I was left with the following findings that were different.

Replacing Doyle and Rhoades with the STL cards for the Polar Bears is a possibility. But what about Simon Nichols Batting? That card always ends up in my odd pile when breaking these sheets down. Plus its the most difficult Polar Bear, possibly more rare than the STL's.

Also, have all Sovereign Apple Greens with names on the top and bottom been different names? I thought that only happened in the 150 series.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11