View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Geordie Calvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I love the new influx of collectors to the board...it is good for the hobby...I just wish they'd explore the archives prior to posting basic questions about mundane topics that have been hashed over...and re-hashed over the years. As well as posting topics in their proper categories...and to reiterate...this is a vintage board...50's-70's is not vintage...let alone 90-s-present.
Comments for the two bolded sections:

* for oft-discussed/rehashed topics, how about identifying several of the more descriptive threads and adding them to a stickied (and locked) thread at the top of the page. I don't know which ones they are, but I'm sure the vets here know what the definitive T206 thread is. Same for T205, Cracker Jacks, etc. That way the new guys could be directed to these stickied threads and the new thread could be deleted.

* 50s - 70s may not be considered vintage here, but a great many people identify them as such. My observation is that there are some that seem to hold their nose in the air when cards other than prewar are discussed. I could be wrong about that. JMO.

Last edited by TNP777; 01-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.