View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 07:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
This was one of the things that came up in the conversation that prompted this thread. There seem to be a lot of collectors who don't ever even look at their cards. They buy it, scan it, shove it somewhere, and then just pass the scan around. This makes total sense when most of your hobby interaction takes place online, but not for self enjoyment. Seems a lot of guys are just as happy looking at the scan of their card rather than the card itself, which begs the obvious question of why bother to own it in the first place.

People can do whatever they want. Not saying there's a right and wrong, it just taps into the psychology of the collector....not wanting a scan of a card until you own it, even though it's sitting in a box and it never gets looked at.
Well, imo, knowing that you own it is a great enjoyment in itself.

Also, with most of my valuable cards being in a safety deposit box, referring to my FlickR link is far easier and less time consuming than pulling them out and placing them back in.

Keep in mind, before I receive my cards, they have been looked at carefully and thoroughly on line first and are also given the same attention and a once over when they are in hand and are being scanned.

I know I need to organize, catalog what I already have, namely my black back cards, but with me, anyways, I usually get right back in the chase.