View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 AM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Guys, thanks for the great images!

Josh, I have no idea on price, but I would think these are some tough cards to find. My theory is that card scarcity often depends on the player. If you place your self in the situation, you are a 10 year old kid collecting cards back in the day, and these guys are :
1- Not the star players from the team and
2- All over the papers for being a disgrace to baseball

Would you save those cards? Or be disillusioned and throw them away?
I think many of them ended up chucked out, so few now survive. Just my theory anyway. Like the 1923 Lections cards, your a kid and at a fair or something (like the theory of distribution on these), and your parents go up to a candidates booth, the political candidate hands you a Shawkey card, and your brother Babe Ruth. Which card gets kept, and which one goes in the trash? So now there are few Shawkey cards, but it is still needed if you need to complete the run. It is easier (though still more expensive) to find the Ruth than the Shawkey.

Leon, you are right on, there are few card issues that contained these guys, exactly why I started the thread, to see the "less popular" guys, and what issues they are in. Seems mostly Zeenut, M101, and Collins McCarthy. I am surprised that no one has shown the W514s yet, I know most of these guys are on the strip cards. Thanks everyone for showing your stuff, there are a lot better images than I realized, especially the period photos. Those are a cool surprise.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com