View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:32 AM

I think it was a great National and Baltimore is very enjoyable location.

I am kind of amazed that there is so much in such a such small area. The hotel / the ball park / the convention center / the aquarium / inner harbor / etc.... all within steps of each other. Thats pretty cool - and I think that makes Baltimore a great place for any convention. Whoever plans those things out did a great job.

Leon - we are on different sides of the fence on the 'its all about the show' opinion. For me, the stuff outside (dinner and drinks with friends / ballgame / etc.) is what makes the whole trip worthwhile. Its less about the show to me - and more about the time spent with friends. I very much enjoyed sharing a few drinks with you at the lounge. I look forward to the next time we get to belly up to the bar again.

I met so many friends I only knew by name or handle or icon - and it was great to break bread with them and enjoy some laughs.

As far as the cards -
My collecting focus has changed a bit - - - so I didn't have much in the way of expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at the items offered and am very happy with the items I was able to pick up (mostly golf cards). I didn't run into any 'jerky' dealers. Actually quite the opposite - - - I thought most everyone behind the tables were very nice.

I like Chicago a little bit better (just a bias / love for the city of Chicago).... but I have to give Baltimore an A + for venue.