View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Two Crappy Ebay Experiences

Posted By: Matt

Sean - The way it went down is that the CC company sided with Paypal once Paypal provided the address. When they got the address to me, I promptly used it to return the card and "proof of delivery" was the wording the CC company used. I even called to clarify if "delivery confirmation" would qualify as "proof of delivery" and the rep on the phone said they didn't have an official policy on it, but he didn't see why it shouldn't count. Then, I provided the info to the CC company, who turned around to Paypal to show them the delivery conf, to which Paypal responded, that delivery conf wasn't good enough. I would have sent it signature required, except I'm certain the seller would have just denied it since he know he scammed me and I would have been nowhere and out the shipping $$.

Josh - that's an interesting suggestion. Of course, then I am at the mercy of the insurance company who could have the same difficult rules - return needs a signature confirmation or they could also claim I switched the cards.

Can anyone who has insured their collection speak to how coverage works in cases of sale where you buy something that is bad?