View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
In answering Jim's questions I wasn't trying to explain which backs Plank can and can not be found with. As you said that's pretty common knowledge. What I was trying to do was explain the possible printing progression and explain why there was a period of time that Plank seems to be absent from the set between the unreleased Piedmont 150 and Sweet Caporal 350 printings.
Thanks. Okay, I get it. I am VERY dense when it comes to these print run explanations - I have read them over and over, and all the info on card replacements, timing, etc., is for the most part going right by me.

It's probably best that I concentrate on the Plank/Wagner theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93
How would you explain the existence of a pulled 150 Piedmont Plank that then gets continued in the 350 series?

My guess is that since there seems to be some evidence to suggest the Wagner and Plank 150's were on the same sheet that when Wagner protested, since not many of those Piedmont sheets had been printed, they just trashed them rather than try to individually pull Wagners out. So a few Plank 150s and a couple Wagner 150s made their way to the hobby. Wagner production was then done, but Plank continued for a short period after the switch to 350. Does that seem probable? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks,
JimB
Can we get a synopsis of Plank and Wagner card number estimates by back? I'm assuming that those who follow such things are in agreement on numbers.

Plank Pied 150:
Wagner Pied 150:
Plank SC 150:
Wagner SC 150:
Plank SC 350:

Last edited by Runscott; 01-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.