View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post

The cards of Demmitt and O'Hara provide us an insight into the timeline when the POLAR BEAR (PB) cards where initially introduced. The New York versions of Demmitt
and O'Hara are 350-only series subjects, which were printed prior to the POLAR BEAR press runs.
Demmitt and O'Hara were traded in the off-season. Both started
the 1910 season with their respective St Louis teams. By May 1910, both of them were re-assigned to the Eastern League. Demmitt to Montreal and O'Hara to Toronto.

TED Z

Pat

I have very clearly stated that the Demmitt and O'Hara (New York variations) are 350-only subjects. And, I'm NOT "classifying" the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations
as "350/460 series subjects". I am simply proposing that (with respect to the POLAR BEAR runs) they were printed on the same sheet as the 350/460 series subjects.

My research indicates that the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations could NOT have been printed in the 1st press run of the POLAR BEAR cards with the 350-only subjects.
Several surveys have confirmed this fact, because the quantities of POLAR BEAR cards in this press run are relatively low. Whereas, the subsequent press runs of 350/460 sub-
jects were printed with much greater quantities of POLAR BEAR backs. Quantities which are consistent with the numbers of known Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) cards.
Therefore, with respect to the POLAR BEAR population, the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations timeline is very likely circa..Summer/Fall 1910.

I have qualified my 350/460 series Checklist, which I've included the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations, to note that these 2 subjects were also printed with this group.

TED Z