View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 PM

Default I wasn't going to comment but ....

... that card is not as rare as the seller claimed. The seller claimed this is the only one and at least 2 more are known to exist. That does make it as rare as the Reiser currently - although in all likelihood, there are probably at least 5-7 more Reisers that will turn upeventually. It is unlikley that more of the House yellow tiger card will turn up though. (If there are more than the 3 known ones, then 6 were originally printed, not 3 as I suspect).

I did contact the seller and informed him that he was misleading the public ... but he wasn't honest enough to revise his description ... which is why I refused to bid on it.

But the Reiser isn't as rare as everyone thinks unless something very weird happened (i.e., someone threw away a large collection of the grey backs back in the 1950s - which is highly unlikely given how diffuse these grey backs were in their distribution patterns).

Cheers,
Patrick

Ps - The pop reports on the Reiser are wrong. One labeled as a grey back is in fact a white back. One labeled as a white back is in fact a grey back. Net wash, but the pop report is inaccurate.