View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 06:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
Nothing is accepted in today's game anymore. They're turning it into a game for fairies.

The Utley rule at second base the Posey rule at home. These guys now make MILLIONS $$ they know full well what they're signing up for and with those MILLIONS they can afford doctors (although they're provided by the teams now) let alone how it was. Players didn't make anything compared to now and had no benefits. The richer the players get the more pampered they get and for some reason unknown to me, a wide variety of people embrace it.

Flag Football.

Sorry I'm no Rachel Phelps but jesus you can't slide hard into second anymore. You can't trample over the catcher anymore. We now have "challenges".

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_rays_ut.html

It's good to see at least one manager has spoken out in a way.
Gibbons got a lot of flack for that!

I hear what you are saying, and I miss old time hockey, but with the current batch of lawsuits due to concussions and after hearing these guys speak who's careers were cut short (never mind the suicides) it has opened my eyes big time!

I know ball is a far cry from hockey as far as injuries go, but it was only a matter of time before ball, and all other sports, were looked at and changed due to ongoing injuries.

Just hope they can do something with all the theatrics in soccer as I might actually watch a game every now and then.

Last edited by irv; 04-19-2016 at 06:23 PM.