View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I'd say Google should have everything you need? There should be customs info on there as well.
Personally, and I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to worry about with CDN customs but rather U.S. customs when you return there. Their the ones who will be interested in what you spent/purchased while in Canada I believe. It would be the same as me coming back into Canada from the U.S.. Customs here would want to know how long I was gone, how much I spent and what I purchased while stateside.

Hoping to go this weekend myself. Quite possibly Friday?
Thank you for all your help. As you suggested I first tried Google but could not find a specific answer. My initial thoughts were the same as yours is that what ever I purchased at the show in Canada would be claimed at U.S. Customs not Canada. I attended the Boston Shriners Sports Card show this past weekend and met a dealer from Canada. This dealer told me differently and to be mindful of needing to claim my show purchases at the customs in Canada including suggesting that I could ask dealers for receipts to validate the value. Collecting receipts seems unusual for a card show. I do want to follow all the rules during my visit so I will ask the Custom officials directly what I need to do when arriving Friday in Canada.

Thank you again for your help and hope you enjoy the show on this weekend.