View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvor View Post
Not true at all. You can return it no matter.

Ask for a return from the seller. If he says no, go to ebay and ask for a return. Your case is better if you say you didn't know about the crease.
As a buyer, not my experience at all. When a seller specifies "Seller does not accept returns", it means that unless the item is grossly mis-described OR is the wrong item altogether, your return is not likely going to be accepted by the seller or approved by ebay. In most cases, sellers specifies "Seller does not accept returns" for a reason, and ebay will support them in most cases.

Sure, the buyer in this case can try to find a reason that this card does not match the sellers description ("1968 topps rookie of nolan ryan. Graded PSA 6" )and maybe get ebay to approve the return if the seller does not, but with a graded card like this a return approved by ebay is not likely.

In this case, the information provided by the seller in the listing concerning the card and his return policy make it hard to argue a "not as described" claim with ebay...ebay will likely view this as buyer's remorse, especially if the seller calls and speaks to a human at ebay.

Recently, I received several grossly overstated raw lots of cards and had to make multiple phone calls to a live human at ebay as well as provide a series of images supporting my claim that the seller overstated the condition of what they sold to me. Eventually, ebay approved the returns, but my returns were for grossly mis-described items, not an item that there is a question about if the item was mis-described in it's listing by the seller or not.

Perhaps you have had much easier experiences returning items to sellers with "Seller does not accept returns" stated in their listing, but this is not my experience. I obviously pay more attention to this detail when buying.

However, it absolutely does not hurt to try.