View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Curt

Neat project. As a Dodgers collector primarily, I have seen many similar projects with Dodgers signatures, where someone will get as many former players to sign a sheet of paper, photo or poster. It can be a great way to grab a lot of signatures in one shot when they are for sale.

Those types of pieces have to be a labor of love though and whatever money spent must be reasonable to the person having it done. I don't blame you for passing on Rivera at $500-600. I don't have his autograph (missed the 96 Leaf Signature cards before they exploded) and never will at the prices I see for just about anything he has signed.

By having it done yourself, I'm sure it adds a much greater personal value. They are neat, but in the end, it amounts to a random selection of similar players and just about everything eventually will be heading back into the marketplace for a new owner to covet. Items like this need especially need the right person to want it.

I do like the look and completeness of multi-signed items, but usually only if the players are pictured. I much prefer single signatures and mostly on cards or as a 2nd choice, 8x10s whenever possible.