Thread: BB Magazine
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default BB Magazine

Posted By: davidcycleback

I'm not an expert on the BB Magazine items, but yours is different than the normal premium you see on eBay. The average BBM premiums are similar to yours, but distincly different. In particular, the normal premiums have dark brown images. Also, all the ones I've seen weren't photograuvres (vintage type of printing). However, as the the BB Magazine premiums were produced in a variety of sizes over numerous years, yours will likely be cataloged as a BB Magazine premium-- and probably was literally issued as a premium ... As an aside and testiment that they really were premiums, I once bought a small collection of Baseball Magazine Premiums (Cobb, Gehrig, etc). The best part was the collection included the original mailing envelope, return address Baseball Magazine. The envelope was very large and fiber-fill padded, not unlike used by eBayer's today, and would have well protected the premiums shipped flat.

When marketing yours at sale, you can mention that photograuvre printing is unusual for a BBM Premium and photograuvre is a better quality printing than used for most of the premiums the potential buyers will find.