View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
The grading services have so influenced this hobby that even if you have a perfectly good unaltered and original raw card, you simply can't sell it without offering a deep discount. You are forced to get it graded whether you want to or not. The perception would be that it is altered and was rejected.

The graders have too much power. Power to the people!
I 100% agree!

I've never bought a graded card nor will I ever. I'm a collector not an investor and this is my hobby, so I have no need for over priced/graded cards to put in my portfolio.

In my opinion graded cards have made it more difficult for set builders like myself to complete sets with nice, ungraded cards. How will I ever find a decent condition 52 Mantle, which is ungraded, to finish the set? Not likely to happen and I believe graded cards have had a negative impact on the hobby for collectors.

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan